Monday, May 3, 2010

Ladies, I'll Never Judge You By The Company You Keep

Monday Maidens


I had never heard of Anna Kendrick before I saw Up In The Air, (why would I have? I don't did on sparkling vampires), but that performance certainly caused me to take notice. Not only because she's a cutie, although that was the initial reason, but she's actually a damn good actress too. Her delivery was nearly perfect, and I felt she carried the portion of the film she was in. Up In The Air only worked because all of the actors brought that layer of authenticity to their performances, and Anna's was one of the most important in the whole movie. Sure, she was in Twilight and that means she must be hated upon, but she's so damn innocent and adorable. I suggest we get her a pass just this once.

The other maiden today is none other than Isla Fisher, AKA Mrs. Borat. Quite the hilarious woman in her own right, a lot of people give her bonus points for being married to Sasha Baron Cohen. In some ways I suppose that's true, but I'm almost tempted to hold that against her. Sure, it's a sign that she has a good sense of humor, but that's already obvious from her comedic performances. Yes, he might be the world's most famous troll, but she is one awesome babe. If this is what trolls are taking home, I need to start hanging out under more bridges. PS: Watch Hot Rod. She's really not in it that much, but the movie is an underrated masterpiece.

No comments:

Post a Comment