Wednesday, April 21, 2010

20 Terribly Awesome Film Titles



While doing some research for an article on disturbing movies, I came to a couple conclusions:

1) Japan must be an incredibly gruesome place.
2) There are far to many films that involve eating poop.
3) Jason, Michael, and Freddy are nowhere near as scary as a vagina with teeth.

These epiphanies aside, I also gained a quick appreciation for the amazing movie titles some of these monstrosities settled on. I know some are probably terrible translations, but some of them just seem like failed euphemisms for something about the butt. Here's twenty of my favorites. There's probably more, but if I found all of them, it would give you fine people nothing to do. I'm also not going to count blaxpoitation movies because those titles are funny enough to deserve their own list down the line. I'm not saying racism is funny, but the word "honkey" is. (When you put something in quotes, it makes it non-offensive)

20) Cannibal Ferox
19) Taxidermia
18) Zebadiah the Anthropophagus
17) Bachelor Party 2: Analysis of a Stripper Fight
16) Itty Bitty Titty Committee
15) Nekromantik
14) Strip Nude for Your Killer (US Title)
13) Brunch of the Living Dead
12) The Bird with the Crystal Plumage (US Title)
11) The Magnificent Six and ½: Peewee Had a Little Ape
10) Evelyn: The Cutest Evil Dead Girl
9) Lester's Transit Strike Hobby
8) Kung Fu Master Named Drunk Cat (US Title)
7) Terror Firmer
6) Frankenhooker
5) The Rebirth of Teutonic Lobster
4) Slaughtered Vomit Dolls
3) Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging
2) Carry on Again Doctor or Where There's a Pill There's a Way or The Bowels Are Ringing or If You Say It's Your Thermometer I'll Have to Believe You, But It's a Funny Place to Put It (UK Title)
1) I Killed My Lesbian Wife, Hung Her on a Meat Hook, and Now I Have a Three-Picture Deal at Disney

2 comments:

  1. The Rebirth of Teutonic Lobster might be the funniest thing I've ever read. Is it wrong that I'm picturing a lobster wearing one of those spikey WWI helmets?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's probably a very correct way to picture it :)

      Delete