Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Icicle Toes


It's quite terrible that now that it feels like Winter's cruel dictatorship is finally over, I cannot walk around my house without feeling like my toes are going to break apart if stubbed. As this is the first blog post, most people might make some vague attempt at an introduction but let's face it, no one is going to read this anyway.

With the freedom that this awards me (knowing I have literally no audience), I can finally admit many of my most shameful beliefs:

1) Garbage men should really be paid whatever they want. That job sucks and I sure as hell am never going to do it.

2) I'll admit they're awesome, but The Beatles are quite overrated.

3) I know I'm supposed to like stuff like it, but I really don't think the Evil Dead movies are anything special.

4) The Dark Knight and Spider-Man 2 are good and successful superhero movies, and they did a great job of adapting those characters to a mainstream audience. The problem is, in the comics these characters are quite different which gives people a wrong base for judging their interpretations in other media. Peter Parker is actually confident out of costume too, and Batman occasionally does detective work once in a while.

5) I don't care how "in" it is to call Quentin Tarantino unoriginal and lame, the man is a great filmmaker. That being said, no one should ever let him talk on camera... ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment