Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Novel Novelizations


I've always wanted to attempt to write a novel just to see if I could do it. It wouldn't be particularly well-written, and probably won't make sense, but I don't think that should be the point. Honestly, I just want to write something that I really feel like reading, isn't the idea of creativity supposed to be about having fun with it?

I suppose the first step is figuring out exactly what a novel is supposed to be. The Wikipedia article is far too long to ever consider reading, but the certifiable experts at Yahoo Answers tell me anywhere between 60 000 and 100 000 words.

I suppose this is it then. I'll write a novel, perhaps in a sexy genre, and explain my progress once in a while. I figure mentioning it here on the blog (which no one reads anyway) will make me feel like a dick for getting lazy and NOT writing, and this way I can actually finish my goal. I figure the story will involve a private investigator of some kind, and his assistant may or may not be a sarcastic dame.... A SARCASTIC DAME ROBOT!

Seriously though, I'm going to put some words on paper. I may post something afterward, or take a nap. Depends how sexy the novel gets I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment