Sunday, March 28, 2010

Sunday Bloody Sunday, Now With More Zombies!



I'm a simple man. I like my cheese melted, my drinks strong, and my games simplistic. Safe to say, it took me almost no time at all to fall in love with Infectonator: World Dominator.

The game has a classic look about it (good NES/bad SNES), and operates on a simple "click the screen, win eventually" framework. As long as you keep playing you can't really lose, just win less quickly. Each attempt at a level still earns you some money to buy upgrades, and once everything is maxed out it is impossible to actually lose. Upgrades for what? Oh, just to make your army of bloodthirsty zombies even more merciless.

Once a city is selected, you select a "ground-zero" for the virus, and watch the feathers fly in a delightfully bloody manner. Eventually you can even unlock special zombies like Colonel Sanders, or even Michael Jackson (he makes all the zombies dance). When the goal of the game is to destroy everyone and everything, there's no better feeling than a screen full of 16-bit blood-splatter.

No comments:

Post a Comment