Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Trailer Tuesdays: The Expendables



I know I'm late on writing about this one, but I did only get around to watching it today and boy did it deliver. I'm not sure if Stallone handled this trailer personally (his John Rambo trailer left me hard for weeks), but whoever did knew exactly how to get people excited for this flick: the greatest action cast ever assembled.

Sylvester Stallone, Jason Statham, Jet Li, Dolph Lundgren, Eric Roberts, Randy Couture, Steve Austin, the dad from Everyone Hates Chris, Mickey Rourke, Bruce Willis, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and Danny Trejo all in one place? Did a steroid factory explode or something? I dare say this movie has more balls than Taken mixed with The Godfather.

This could be the worst movie ever made, but I will always support throwback action flicks like this. Stallone accurately suspects that the movie-going public is thirsty for the badass qualities of action flicks from the 80s and 90s. Let's hope the man delivers yet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment