Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Damn Do I Miss ALF



I miss everything about ALF. I miss his sarcasm, I miss his voice, and I especially miss the way be blatant whore for merchandise. Normally I take offense to that degree of selling-out, but c'mon he was ALF! I bought the stuffed doll, the t-shirts, and his brand of cat-seasoning.

They just don't make characters like this guy anymore. Sure, the cat-eating thing gets used a lot, but that level of fluffy smart-assery isn't as mainstream as it once was. It was a simpler time damnit, when aliens were everywhere and if you didn't have you, you were forced to compensate with tiny robots. What happened to these sci-fi sitcoms of yore? Have they all just been turned into cartoons? Invader Zim is solid, but c'mon I want to see hilarious puppets wearing Hawaiian shirts and talking about Gilligan's Island.

Maybe we're due for a resurgence of this type of program, I haven't been keeping track. It's been quite a while since Third Rock from the Sun was on, and Two and a Half Men just isn't cutting it for me anymore. Unless Jake starts dressing up like a furry of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment