Monday, April 26, 2010

The Lovely Ladies of Gervais Comedy

Monday Maidens

Only recently did I start watching The Office (US), and I'm disappointed in myself for denying myself laughs for this long. Not only is it funny, but it's incredibly well made and everyone involved really hits it out of the park. The other selling point is miss Jenna Fischer, who makes me feel like I'm climbing the rope in gym class...


The Office reminds me of everything I really loved about Extras, including Ashley Jensen, who plays the most delightfully charming, innocent, moron you've ever encountered. It takes an amazing balance for that character to be anything but enraging, but it was totally nailed in terms of acting and writing. But she's pretty cute, which makes the recurring joke about her less-than-appealing looks all the more hilarious.


It takes special comedic talent to nail characters created by Gervais, and these women are no exception. They might not be able to compete with my dream gal Lucille Ball, but they're much more appealing than some empty-headed plastic skank. Unless of course she has a dream house and hot-pink limousine. Under those conditions, bimbos are totally allowed.

No comments:

Post a Comment