Saturday, April 3, 2010

Pheasants Banned from Phucking



In an effort to keep crazy bird diseases under control, it appears that somewhere in the UK, ministers are preventing pheasants from mating. I'm sure the article I linked to in interesting (actually I read it, not really that informative), but what intrigues me about all this isn't the news itself, but the hilarious scenarios I imagine for enforcing this crazy law.

Is it a small codpiece? Do they just keep them in enclosed areas? Can't these things fly? Can they mate in the air? How is this really helping to monitor for disease? Is avian flu a bird STD?

Yeah, people are pissy about this because it will cause job losses in the pheasant mating industry, but I'm sure their feathery powers of seduction can be useful elsewhere. Aren't penguins endangered or something? We should get them fooling around more. Or if pheasants can't fly, just replace them with penguins. It will be like hunting a miniature James Bond, just without the cheap-ass gadgets.

No comments:

Post a Comment